Guided by Human River and Toronto Green Community, Lost Rivers
- Date: Sunday, May 6, 2012
- Start Time: 1:00 pm
- Est. Duration: 2 hours
Parade and Storytelling Walk on Lost Garrison Creek. Wear something blue and we will become a Human River, bringing the Garrison Creek back to life.
There will be stories of Garrison Creek communities past and present, of buried bridges, sewers, of salmon, pelicans, sandhill cranes, of wolves besieging Old Fort York. Come hear about community efforts to bring rivers back to life here and in other parts of the world.
A crew from the upcoming documentary film “Under the City” will record the walk as part of their exploration of the past, present and future of our lost urban waterways.
- Meeting Place: Southeast corner of Dundas West and Crawford Street
- End Location: Harbourfront Community Centre
- Public Transit Directions: Ossington Bus to Dundas. Walk east to Crawford OR Dundas streetcar
- Accessible: Not accessible – stairs, obstacles, uneven terrain, steep paths
- Parking Available: Street Parking