Strachan Avenue Northbound Lane Closed October 26 to 28 – New Extended Hours Strachan Avenue Realignment Begins October 29
- Metrolinx will be working to finalize the realigned road by asphalting and painting lines on the road.
- The realigned Strachan Avenue will be operational on Monday, October 29 for the morning rush hour.
How this will affect you
The work is scheduled to take place on Friday, October 26,from 12 noon to 11 p.m., and continuous work for 48 hours from Saturday, October 27, at 7 a.m. to Monday, October 29 at 7:00 a.m.
- Work hours have been extended due to delays caused by recent poor weather conditions.
- The northbound lane of Strachan Avenue will be closed between East Liberty/Ordnance Streets and Canniff Street.
- The southbound and northbound bicycle lanes will not be available during the closure.
- During the closure, the west sidewalk will remain closed, and pedestrians will continue using the east sidewalk.
- The TTC 63 Ossington bus will maintain its regular route southbound on Strachan Avenue for the duration of the lane closure. For further details on TTC service during this closure, please contact the TTC at (416) 393-4636 or visit www.ttc.ca.
- During the lane closure, inbound Quality Meat Packers trucks will travel north on Bathurst Street and turn left on Wellington Street and proceed to their facility. The outbound trucks will continue to use Niagara Street east to Bathurst Street.
- On Monday, October 29, two-way traffic will resume on the newly realigned Strachan Avenue.
- Northbound and Southbound bicycle lanes will be available and pedestrians will have access to the new west sidewalk only
- Paid duty officers will direct traffic at the intersection of East Liberty Street and Strachan Avenue
- Douro Street at Strachan Avenue will remain closed until further notice to complete the ongoing sewer tunnel work.